It’s Sunday and while we await the arrival of the dreaded Monday, we will do a brief review to the News of the week in what refers to the fashion world. Karl Lagerfeld He has been visiting by Spain, to celebrate the 25 years of Marie Claire magazine at the kiosks. The designer of Chanel He went to the well known magazine fashion Awards Prix gala
- Holiday party are famous by Spain. The magazine male GQ Spain gave their awards 2012 GQ men of the year. The prize winners attended the elegant gala. Adrien Brody, Luis Tosar, José Manuel Lara, Stuart Vevers, Paco Leon and many more familiar faces paraded through a red carpet with masculine flavor.
- A week moved for the Inditex Group. Two Greenpeace activist blog shop Zara of the street facade princesa of Madrid under the slogan “for a fashion without toxic”. According to a Greenpeace study, many of the clothes from Zara and other brands are the substance chemical nonylphenol ethoxylate (NPS), forbidden in the European Union and with strong restrictions in China. Greenpeace first launched the Detox challenge in 2011 and many brands pledged that they would not use such a substance and expect the Inditex Group also make it.
- Is no doubt that the painter Frida Kahlo It has inspired many fashion designers, magazines and artists through his painting and his image icon. The costumes for the artist will be exposed at home Museum of the city of Mexico, the exhibition is called “Appearances which are deceptive”. More than 300 costumes will be in the exhibition. Clothes typically Mexican with which the actress hiding her body punished and hurt due to different diseases and an accident that took in life. They will also be three dresses designed by Ricardo Tisci for Givenchy inspired by Frida and three artistic corsets, one of them designed by Jean Paul Gaultier for the Japanese company Comme des Garçons dedicated to the artist.
- After the false rumors that Christopher Kane It would be the next creative director of Balenciaga now comes the news that the Scottish designer ceases to be the designer of the second line of Versace, Versus, to focus on his signature. A bit strange whole thing.
- At the next Mango campaign We will not see to the famous Kate Moss as the image of the brand now Miranda Keer model will be the absolute protagonist of the campaigns of Mango.
- The Spanish actress Catalina Bárcena It had a wardrobe of envy. The auction house Christie’s of London sold thirty-three dresses designed by Jeanne Lanvin which belonged to the actress. The costume was deposited by her daughter at the Museum National Theatre of Almagro Ciudad Real, but 10 years after dying her daughter, the heir of all those files and garments (more than 400), Enrique Fuster, It has decided to recover them and sell part of the collection which has resulted in a “war” between the Museum and the heir. For the time being they will be auctioned 33 the twenties of Lanvin dresses.
- Custo Barcelona It is located in red numbers. One of the brands most internationally is not a good time. Its parent, Blue Tower, has closed its last year with losses of 2.39 million euros, although the company Custo Barcelona has obtained benefits, around 1.95 million euros. The losses are due to the reorganization of the societies of the matrix.