We started our beloved Jezebel news week with the nominees to the Delivered by the Council of Fashion Designers of America fashion Awards (the CFDA Fashion Awards 2013) have been released and on June 3 will be awarded at a ceremony in New York. Few novelties, with Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler competing in two major categories. [More on The Fashion Spot]
- The rumored new cover of Michelle Obama for the American edition of Vogue It is already here. You will leave the month of April and has to Annie Leibovitz as expected photographer. [More on The Fashion Spot]
- Speaking of rumors, Nicolas Ghesquière not to be in the Centre of all discussions of fashion since he Balenciaga replaced him by Alexander Wang. A talent like yours sounds as a substitute for Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel and above all, sounds at the head of his own firm. I hope it’s true. [More at Telegraph].
- The Bond Street will become a new golden mile full of luxury shops? [The Business of Fashion]
- The future of the national fashion involves emigrating and bimba & lola they prepare an ambitious expansion plan for 2013 with new markets. This has managed to get a credit of 10 million euros granted by Banco de Sabadell, S.a. loans ICO enterprises and internationalization to five years. Bimba & lola will seek to improve its presence in markets such as the Latin American and Middle East.
- We continue with expansions of national firms. This time with Nice Things. The brand seeks to double its presence in France in 2013, in addition to focus its efforts in Japan and Mexico as the next countries that grow. [More on El].
- In line with recent data presented by Inditex I leave you with this interesting view of your growth by China and Russia. [More on Perpe]
- NET – Porter still looking for new business ventures and will now focus on the growing world of the cosmetics for women. Join your wide range of fashion beauty online. [More on Refinery29].
- We started with Proenza Schouler and we ended up with Proenza Schouler. The firm is one of my favorites when it comes to see how is growing and reaching for a future in a market dominated by brands classic luxury. [More in The Business of Fashion].