Last night New York was taken by models, designers and actresses who came to The CFDA Awards 2013, which gives the Council of fashion designers of the United States to their larger banners of the year. Among this year’s winners are big names such as Proenza Schouler, Phillip Lim or Thom Browne.
- Best designer women’s fashion of the year: Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez of Proenza Schouler. His rivals were Alexander Wang and Marc Jacobs .
- Best designer of men’s fashion of the year: Thom Browne took the prize that faced him with Steven Cox and Daniel Silver of Duckie Brown and Michael Bastian.
- Best designer of the year accessories It was to Phillip Lim (3.1 Phillip Lim). Other firms competing for this award were Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler.
- Swarovski Award for best design of women’s fashion of the year: SUNO were winners and finalists, Shane Gabier and Christopher Peters for Creatures of the Wind and Carly Cushine along with Michelle Ochs for Cushine et Ochs.
- Swarovski Award for best design of men’s fashion of the year: DAO-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne for Public School took away Tim Coppens and Todd Snyder award.
- Swarovski Award for the best design of the year accessories: Pamela Love took is the prize that faced her Irene Neuwirth and Jennifer Meyer.
In addition to these, other prize whose winner is already known since it announced the nominees were delivered:
- Geoffrey Beene Award for their influence and dedication to fashion: Vera Wang.
- Eugenia Sheppard – Award ‘Media Award’: Tim Blanks, journalist of the Style.com web.
- Eleanor Lambert – ‘Founders Award’ award: Oscar de la Renta.
- International Award: Riccardo Tisci (for Givenchy Designer).
- Premio-tributo ‘Board of Directors’: Colleen Atwood.