Are you interested in working in a higher education institute within Delaware? The following employment pages of Delaware schools publish the latest recruiting information about faculty, administrative, and executive jobs at colleges and universities in Delaware. You can follow Topschoolsintheusa.com to see reputation and ranking information of each university.
- Thembaprograms: Geography of Delaware, covering major wildlife, brief history and major cities.
What is a rental accountant?
Rent accountants are responsible for the administration of real estate business transactions – this includes the booking of rent receipts, deposit payments, booking and payment of invoices from service providers, tradesmen, taxes, etc. These must be recorded chronologically and posted to the appropriate property, accounts payable and rent sub-accounts will. When processing the different business transactions, a wide range of accounting regulations must be checked and observed.
Above all, the creation and posting of utility bills must always be carried out in accordance with the current legal situation and case law. Other typical tasks of the rent accountant are, for example, receivables management or dunning and the creation of monthly, quarterly or annual administration and property accounts with an income surplus account or balance sheet.
The range of tasks also includes monitoring the properties’ liquidity and preparing the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for financial accounting or the tax consultant. Furthermore, a rental accountant prepares the sales tax return.
One of the aims of rent accounting is to present and determine the financial situation or the profit of one or more properties. The smaller the company, the larger the range of tasks for the rent accountant.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Training: Completed training as a real estate agent (formerly: Real estate and housing agent) or commercial training with a specialization in the area of real estate
- Starting salary: €30,000
- Top salary: €50,000
- Opportunities for advancement: Financial accountant, accountant
What does a rent accountant do?
- Booking of all business transactions
- Checking incoming invoices according to legal requirements
- Maintenance of creditor master data and monitoring of creditor accounts
- Posting of rents and costs
- Control of receipts of deposits and their payment
- Processing of payment transactions (SEPA direct debits)
- Preparation of utility bills according to current case law
- Creation of administration and property accounts and special evaluations
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for financial accounting/tax advice
- Receivables management (due date check and dunning)
- Contact person for tenants and owners
- Deadline monitoring of contractually agreed payments, e.g. B. when executing construction contracts
- Management of bank accounts and interface to the banks
- Interface to real estate management and their specialist departments
- Liquidity monitoring and planning
- Preparing the sales tax return and paying the property tax
Depending on the size of the real estate company, the scope of the tasks presented can vary, ie they can also only be partially performed.
How to become a rent accountant
- completed training as a real estate clerk (formerly: clerk in the real estate and housing industry) or commercial training with a specialization in the field of real estate management
- Knowledge of tenancy and housing law
- Good knowledge of relevant housing booking software (e.g. Domus 1000/4000, GFAD-HausSoft, SAP-Wodis for larger companies)
- Basic knowledge of financial accounting software (Datev, Agenda)
- Good MS Office skills, especially Excel
- possibly good knowledge of English
What does a rent accountant earn?
up to €50,000
Depending on their professional experience, rent accountants can expect an annual salary of around € 30,000 to €50,000. In metropolitan areas, the wage level tends to be in the upper part of the range.
What do you expect from the rent accountant?
Loyalty, a sense of responsibility and trust due to the sensitivity of the numbers are absolute requirements. In addition, there should be a high affinity for numbers and care as well as knowledge of the systematic recording and structured processing of numbers. A rent accountant should be able to interpret numbers and plan ahead.
Due to the interface function to tenants, owners, administrations and banks, a high level of social competence and communication skills are required personal characteristics. A high level of organizational skills completes the profile.
Opportunities for advancement as an accountant
Career opportunities are offered, for example, through further training as a real estate (specialist) manager, which enables him to take on personnel management, or through further training as a financial accountant. In addition, the qualification of IHK-certified accountant can be obtained through further training. In addition, extra-occupational business administration courses open up career opportunities in controlling.
Delaware State University – Administrative Offices
Use the contact information of the various administrative departments to inquire about job openings.
Delaware Tech – Human Resources
Look up the employment opportunities at the community college. Details cover benefits, salary schedules and leadership development.
University of Delaware – Employment
Educational hub of the Blue Hens displays job listings categorized under faculty, staff, temporary and professional positions. Allows printing.
Wesley College – Employment
Scrutinize summaries of job positions at this Delaware institute, and find out the duties each entails. Supplies desired qualifications.