Are you interested in working in a higher education institute within Hawaii? The following employment pages of Hawaii schools publish the latest recruiting information about faculty, administrative, and executive jobs at colleges and universities in Hawaii. You can follow Topschoolsintheusa.com to see reputation and ranking information of each university.
- Thembaprograms: Geography of Hawaii, covering major wildlife, brief history and major cities.
What is a personnel controller?
The focus in personnel controlling is on the company’s employees or groups of employees: personnel controllers develop and analyze key figures for the creation of personnel planning and the personnel budget. This position is mainly found in larger companies with more than 1,000 employees, although personnel controlling is still a relatively young discipline.
The creation of HR reporting for the interim and annual financial statements is also one of the central tasks of a personnel controller. As a contact for various departments in the company (such as accounting, controlling, sales, etc.), he advises on all topics related to personnel costs.
The HR controller can be assigned to either Controlling or Human Resources. Compared to other controlling areas, the tasks of personnel controlling vary greatly from company to company.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: Completed business studies, preferably with a focus on human resources/controlling or a comparable qualification
- Starting salary: €50,000
- Top salary: €90,000
- Opportunities for advancement: Team Leader Personnel Controlling, Head of Controlling
What does a personnel controller do?
- Analysis of key personnel figures and ongoing key figure monitoring
- Preparation of personnel planning, including control and analysis of headcount development
- Creation of the personnel budget
- Creation of HR reporting for the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements,
- including calculation and posting of personnel provisions
- Contact person for the departments (e.g. accounting, controlling, HR/personnel, sales) for all personnel cost-related topics
- Project topics/special tasks, e.g. further development of the bonus system, harmonization of compensation systems, determination of salary bands, implementation of benchmarks, key users for HR tools – e.g. SAP HCM
How to become a human resources controller
- Completed business studies, preferably with a focus on human resources/controlling or a comparable qualification
- Sound professional experience in personnel controlling
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel, and ideally in a relevant ERP system (e.g. SAP HCM)
- possibly good to very good knowledge of English
What does a HR controller earn?
up to €90,000
Personnel controllers can expect an annual gross salary of € 50,000 to €90,000 – depending on personal qualifications and professional experience, task complexity, industry, number of employees, etc.
What do you expect from the HR controller?
Personnel controllers are characterized by a high affinity for numbers and strong analytical skills. Your way of working is very independent and structured. Since the personnel controller regularly works with sensitive data, conscientious and careful handling of such information is required. In addition, personnel controlling is often looking for people with strong communication skills who can also actively shape the interface role with other departments (finance, sales).
Opportunities for advancement as HR controller
Personnel controllers can develop professionally by switching to central controlling or to the human resources department (subject to appropriate further training). Taking on cross-departmental projects, e.g. in the IT area (user control and possibly training) is also a professional development opportunity.
The next hierarchically oriented career step is the position of team leader of personnel controlling (provided that this position exists in the respective company) or head of controlling for the entire area – assuming the appropriate professional or personal qualifications.
Brigham Young University, Hawaii – Employment
Delve into this index of job titles, and click on each for details about the duties and requirements of each. Includes application procedures.
Hawaii Pacific University – Employment
Check the bulletins for both staff and faculty employment at this Hawaii school, and obtain application and contact directions. Accepts email.
Honolulu Community College – Faculty Directory
Contact the staff of the educational institute to learn about teaching and administrative job openings.
Kapi’olani Community College – Personnel Office
Prospective employees can look up job opportunities with the school. Has vacancy announcements and administrative forms.