Are you interested in working in a higher education institute within South Dakota? The following employment pages of South Dakota schools publish the latest recruiting information about faculty, administrative, and executive jobs at colleges and universities in South Dakota. You can follow Topschoolsintheusa.com to see reputation and ranking information of each university.
- Thembaprograms: Geography of South Dakota, covering major wildlife, brief history and major cities.
Personnel clerk (f/m/d)
Personnel clerks are responsible for the administrative area in the personnel department. This can range from personnel recruiting to payroll accounting to the creation of statistics. In addition to these routine activities, HR administrators are sometimes also involved in HR projects, which makes everyday work more varied.
What are the duties of a human resources clerk?
Personnel clerks take care of the needs of the workforce of a company and the concerns of individual employees. However, they are also involved in the application process and are often the point of contact for potential new employees. They work closely with the personnel officers.
Human resources administrators usually take on these tasks:
- They create contract documents and other documents such as additional agreements, warnings and job references
- You organize the administrative area of applicant management
- You will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the personnel budget
- You record the arrivals and departures of employees in the corresponding system
- You will prepare the pay slip, taking into account the relevant tax and social security framework
- They competently answer internal and external inquiries and, if necessary, communicate with health insurance companies and authorities
If there are current personnel projects, HR administrators are also involved in this. The topics of part-time employment, parental leave or temporary workers are particularly exciting.
In larger companies, personnel officers usually also hold works council hearings.
Salary: How much do recruiters earn?
Depending on the employer, the starting salary for HR administrators who are still at the beginning of their professional career is around EUR 34,250 gross per year. With increasing professional experience, HR administrators with the usual qualifications earn around 41,250 euros gross per year after a few years.
Personnel administrators with above-average qualifications and experience are around EUR 49,500 gross per year. And with a particularly high level of expertise and a great deal of professional experience, HR administrators can start in salary poker with a gross annual salary of up to around 58,500 euros – i.e. about twice the starting salary of a newcomer who is just taking his first steps in the profession.
Education and professional experience: How do you become a HR clerk?
Employers generally expect the following qualifications from human resources clerks:
- a commercial apprenticeship
- and/or several years of professional experience in the field of payroll accounting
- Good knowledge of wage and social tax law
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
The following soft skills are also required:
- organizational strength
- good time management a careful, systematic and independent way of working
- enjoy dealing with people
- a high degree of resilience and flexibility
- Willingness to work and teamwork
Augustana College – Employment
Private liberal arts college lists employment opportunities faculty, administrative and staff positions. Provides an overview of benefits.
Black Hills State University – Employment
Institution located in Spearfish, S.D., features job openings for staff and academic positions, with info on responsibilities and qualifications.
South Dakota School of Mines & Technology – Employment
Institution located in Rapid City, S.D., features descriptions and requirements for faculty, administrative and student positions.
University of Sioux Falls – Employment
See a list of job openings, find descriptions and requirements for each job, and note the contact information.
University of South Dakota – Employment
Select a support staff or faculty position title from a list, read the responsibilities and requirements, and note the application guide.