Landmarks in Dubai
Dubai is not only a perfect destination for a beach vacation, but also invites you to sightseeing and experience with numerous highlights and excursion destinations . I have put together an overview of the most important Dubai sights for you here:
- Burj Khalifa : The Burj Khalifa is the symbol of Dubai and at 828 meters the tallest building in the world. With a ticket you can drive up to the viewing platform of the huge tower.
- Burj Al Arab : The Burj Al Arab is a sail-shaped luxury hotel with a private beach in Jumeirah. From Jumeirah Public Beach you have the best view of this exclusive hotel in Dubai.
- Dubai Marina : The four kilometer long Dubai Marina is ideal for romantic walks or boat tours. The atmosphere at the marina is magical, especially in the evening hours, when the sun has set and the lights of the city are reflected in the water of the marina.
- Dubai Mall : The Dubai Mall is one of the largest shopping centers in the world. 1,200 shops, a huge aquarium and other sights are waiting for your visit here.
- Palm Jumeirah : The man-made palm island is one of Dubai’s most famous figureheads. There are mostly hotels and restaurants on it.
- Dubai Fountain : The huge fountain is located at the foot of the Burj Khalifa and can be visited within a boat tour. Such rides are particularly popular during the free water, light and music show that takes place here every half hour.
- Desert : A jeep safari in Dubai’s desert, a ride on a camel or quad bike over the dunes or a dinner in a desert camp simply cannot be missed on a Dubai vacation.
- Dubai Miracle Garden : A real sea of flowers in the middle of the desert awaits you in the winter months in the Dubai Miracle Garden .
Guru tip : That was far from all! Colorful souks, magnificent mosques, spectacular viewing platforms and more – in this article I have summarized the top 20 Dubai attractions with all opening times and prices . Here you will also find a practical map and the possibility to book cheap tickets directly online.
Beaches in Dubai
Dubai’s beaches offer you the finest, clean sand, clear, warm water and amenities such as restaurants and shopping opportunities that round off a relaxing day on the beach perfectly. You can see an overview of the most popular beaches in Dubai here. I have also linked you to hotels on the beach so that you can directly book a hotel near the beach for your Dubai vacation.
- The Beach : Spacious, mostly well-frequented beach in Dubai near the marina. Along the promenade “The Walk” there are many restaurants, hotels and shops that invite you to stroll and shop.
- Jumeirah Beach : Large public beach in the district of the same name.
- Kite Beach : Beach that is particularly popular with kite surfers and kite flyers. Swimming and sunbathing is also possible here. The promenade also attracts walkers and joggers.
- La Mer Beach : Relatively newly opened beach in Dubai, which impresses with numerous restaurants and boutiques.
Sunbathing in a bikini or swimming trunks is no problem on the public beaches in Dubai . As soon as you leave the beach – for example to go to a restaurant or a mall – you should dress appropriately for the streets again.
Excursions from Dubai
If you are planning a longer vacation in Dubai and would like to discover other sights nearby, you can easily book day trips to the desert or to Abu Dhabi, a neighboring emirate. The following excursions from Dubai are among the most popular:
- Abu Dhabi : The capital of the United Arab Emirates inspires with the fairytale Sheikh Zayed Mosque , the Louvre Abu Dhabi and the Etihad Towers. You can reach Abu Dhabi from Dubai in under two hours. You can find out more in my Abu Dhabi tips .
- Dubai Parks & Resorts : The Dubai Parks and Resorts extend over an area of 25 million m². Over 100 attractions await you in the amusement parks Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, Legoland Dubai and Legoland Water Park.
- Desert Tour : Excursions into the desert are among the most booked excursions in Dubai. Depending on the tour, you ride a camel through the golden-yellow sand or race over the dunes in a quad or jeep, get a delicious meal in a desert camp or try sandboarding.
- Ras Al Khaimah : The emirate, which is becoming increasingly popular with tourists, can be reached from Dubai in about 1 1/2 hours. You can find out what there is to discover here in the Ras Al Khaimah article.
- Sharjah : A little more conservative than Dubai issue in the neighboring emirate of Sharjah (or Sharjah) to. Nevertheless, there are some sights here that are best explored on a hop-on / hop-off bus tour.
In my detailed article I will introduce you to the highlights of the United Arab Emirates in more detail.