Are you searching jobs in local governments of Georgia – city, county or state level government? The following Georgia government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of Georgia, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of Georgia as The Peach State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a Business Intelligence (BI) – Data & Analytics consultant?
Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultants usually work in a consulting company, but self-employment is also possible. With their team, these specialized consultants develop concepts for the fully or semi-automated processing of mass data. The clients are mostly made up of larger medium-sized companies or corporations.
Business Intelligence is one of the most innovative working environments and is therefore as demanding as it is varied. Advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, big data databases – for the experts described here, highly topical technical terms such as these only make up part of their varied work.
Due to the agile way of working and a mostly iterative process management, consultants Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics are absolute team players who can be used in many ways. Whether it’s database analysis, data processing programs or the presentation of results using reporting tools: in this position, design, analysis and management take place. Business Intelligence consultants show the enormous potential of Business Intelligence and thus ensure a deeper (numerical) understanding for the client.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: : Completed degree in business administration, (business) engineering, (business) computer science or mathematics
- Starting salary: €60,000
- Top salary: €90,000
- Opportunities for advancement: Management of own BI team
What does a Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultant do?
- Creation of functional and technical concepts for the analysis of mass data and support of the implementation process
- Development of various data models based on databases and data processing tools
- Client-specific presentation and introduction to the management
- Advising the client on the knowledge gained and explaining the new management tool
- Coaching in your own team, if necessary project management on site at the client
How do you become a Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultant?
- Completed degree in business administration, (industrial) engineering, (business) informatics or mathematics
- Several years of experience with databases such as Big Data (Hadoop, NO SQL databases) or relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or Terradata through to the latest cloud technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Snowflake
- Knowledge of data processing programs such as ETL, data capture and the latest streaming technologies
- Application of reporting tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SAP BW/SAP HANA, Qlik
- Programming skills in the common languages SWL, Python, JAVA, .NET are also welcome
- usually very good knowledge of English
How much does a Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultant earn?
up to €90,000
Due to the very demanding work in the consulting area (high willingness to travel, strict adherence to deadlines), the earning potential is always slightly better than in a classic employee relationship. Therefore, Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultants start with around €60,000 a year. Depending on the size of the consulting company, the salary can increase to €90,000. Solo self-employed negotiate on an hourly basis or charge according to daily rates.
What do you expect from the Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultant?
The requirements are as different as the consulting firms are. Willingness to travel and business fluent English are usually required. As a freelancer, Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultants naturally decide for themselves which projects to accept and thus the where, how and when.
As a rule, consultants in this position have a degree in business administration, (industrial) engineering, (business) computer science or mathematics. Experience with databases, data processing programs and the various evaluation tools should also be available.
Knowledge of programming languages is also appreciated. It is obvious that Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultants come up with a precise way of working when dealing with mass data.
Opportunities for advancement as a Business Intelligence – Data & Analytics consultant
With the appropriate willingness to travel and the will to take advantage of a wide range of further training opportunities, the career ladder can be quickly climbed to team leadership and appointment as a partner of the consulting company, depending on the company.
Decatur – Employment
Georgia city’s personnel department offers job seekers a list of openings with the government. Learn about the benefits offered.