Are you searching jobs in local governments of Michigan – city, county or state level government? The following Michigan government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of Michigan, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of Michigan as The Great Lakes State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a Head of Controlling?
The core task of the Head of Controlling is the business management of all organizational units, including subsidiaries at home and abroad. In addition to operational controlling, the preparation and safeguarding of important company decisions is a key task.
The Head of Controlling is a competent contact and sparring partner for all business issues – both for the management and for executives in the company. In addition, the Head of Controlling works on cross-departmental projects and makes an important contribution to the overall economic success of the company through the continuous optimization of procedures and processes.
The Head of Controlling usually reports directly to the CFO (Head of Finance, Finance Director). His tasks also include the disciplinary and technical management and further development of employees.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: successfully completed economics degree, alternatively completed degree in industrial engineering
- Starting salary: €75,000
- Top salary: €200,000
- Opportunities for advancement: CFO
What does a Head of Controlling do?
The complexity of the tasks and the size of the department and sub-departments are influenced by the respective industry, company size and national or international structures. In larger companies, the area usually includes sub-departments, which often reflect the company organization (business unit controlling teams): a department for efficiency and effectiveness (costs and investments) and a central controlling team for validation in the overall context (consolidation and coordination).
- Responsibility for the creation and validation of strategic and operational corporate planning, including coordination and implementation across all departments
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements (together with financial accounting) and validation of monthly forecasts; management reporting
- Carrying out profitability calculations, target/actual deviation analyses, ad hoc analyzes and deriving recommendations for action for the management
- strategic and economic assessment of investment and acquisition projects (M&A)
- Operational controlling: Taking over the controlling requirements of the business units – sales, turnover, costs and investments
- Support of the management with regard to the business management of the company and strategic decision-making
- professional, proactive risk management
- future-oriented further development of the controlling instruments to a uniform, automated reporting and planning platform
- Participation in cross-departmental company-related projects
- continuous further development of the technical and disciplinary subordinate employees
How do you become Head of Controlling?
- successfully completed economics degree, alternatively completed degree in industrial engineering
- several years of professional experience in controlling, ideally industry experience in an international environment
- several years of management experience in the management of teams or in the context of larger projects
- Broad know-how in the application and further development of current controlling tools
- In-depth knowledge of cost and performance accounting, group consolidation and the preparation of investment calculations (business cases)
- Extensive knowledge of the structure and further development of indicator systems/KPIs
- Experience in dealing with ERP, reporting, analysis and planning tools (e.g. SAP, Ifor, HFM)
- Possibly very good knowledge of spoken and written English
What does a Head of Controlling earn?
up to €200,000
Depending on the size of the company, the gross annual salary of a head of controlling is between € 75,000 and €200,000 – depending on the size of the company and industry, complexity of tasks, number of employees, which accounting regulations have to be taken into account, etc.
What do you expect from the Head of Controlling?
- Strong analytical thinking and structured approach
- An affinity for numbers and creativity in finding solutions
- Ability to reduce complex issues to the essentials and present them in a way that third parties can understand
- A high degree of initiative and entrepreneurial commitment to advance topics and optimize processes
- Self-image as an internal service provider (business partner) and source of inspiration, who is valued as a competent contact person by internal and external decision-makers due to his well-founded specialist knowledge, his confident personality and his communication skills
- goal- and employee-oriented management style
- strong communicative and social skills, points of view can be represented appropriately; persuasion is done
- reliable results even under heavy workloads
Opportunities for advancement as Head of Controlling
With the appropriate (leadership) personality and after familiarization with the areas of responsibility relevant to this position, further development to CFO is particularly suitable for the Head of Controlling.
Ann Arbor – Employment
Explore the human resource department to find temporary and permanent positions with the city of Ann Arbor.
Detroit – Employment
Job seekers can explore the page and consider working for the Motor City. Check the jobs board and review the hiring process chart.
Flint – Employment
Personnel office of Flint posts the job vacancies of its city government. Has details about operations within the personnel office.
Lansing – Employment
Local government employer posts its job vacancies. Find descriptions of its positions and consider the salary ranges.