Are you searching jobs in local governments of Minnesota – city, county or state level government? The following Minnesota government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of Minnesota, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of Minnesota as The North Star State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a factory controller?
Plant controllers support local management: As a decentralized controlling unit, they help to control and achieve the results of one or more plants. To do this, they plan and analyze sales and costs along the production process chain, determine the causes of deviations and potential savings and identify trends.
They make the results of their work and the resulting recommendations for action available to the stakeholders in prepared reports and indicator systems. They are therefore responsible for reporting all management and control-relevant information to the division management and for central controlling.
Plant controllers also initiate and accompany the implementation of management decisions in the form of projects or as a sparring partner for the responsible employee.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: Degree in business administration, in particular economics or industrial engineering
- Starting salary: €45,000
- Top salary: €105,000
- Opportunities for advancement: Team leader plant controlling, head of controlling
What does a factory controller do?
- business consulting for the management
- Responsibility for the reporting of the plants/locations to be supported
- Implementation of budget planning and forecasting
- Carrying out the work result calculation (profit and loss account, contribution margins)
- Maintenance and further development of indicator systems
- Carrying out profitability analyzes for investments
- Planning and control of investments
- Analysis of deviations and derivation of recommendations for action
- Preparation of the local monthly statement (in cooperation with the financial accounting)
- Calculation of the manufacturing costs
- business support for projects
- Initiation of process improvements
- Determination and realization of cost saving potentials
How to become a factory controller?
- Completed business studies, in particular economics or industrial engineering
- basic business understanding
- Knowledge of finance and accounting, especially cost accounting
- Experience in dealing with ERP, reporting, analysis and planning tools (e.g. SAP, Ifor, HFM)
- Knowledge of process and project management
- Interest in technical processes and products
What does a factory controller earn?
up to €105,000
Factory controllers can usually expect a gross annual salary of between € 45,000 and €105,000. In addition to personal qualifications, this depends heavily on the general conditions: company size, industry, possibly international orientation, how many plants are supervised, how complex the tasks are and the like.
What do you expect from the factory controller?
- Analytical thinking ability to solve complex issues
- affinity for numbers
- entrepreneurial thinking in order to be able to put yourself in the role of a manager
- Solution and goal orientation for quick delivery of understandable results
- Assertiveness and implementation strength in order to be perceived as a serious sparring partner
- Communication skills and empathy so that ideas can be presented convincingly and management can be enthusiastic about them
- Initiative to drive improvements independently
- Flexibility and adaptability in order to be able to deal with changed/adjusted framework conditions (adjusted cost targets and planning, new products and technologies, etc.)
Opportunities for advancement as a works controller
In addition to professional development in controlling in other departments or in central controlling, the next hierarchically oriented career step is the position of team leader in plant controlling (provided this position exists in the respective company) or head of controlling for the entire area.
Bloomington – Employment
Apply for vacant positions in the city government of Minnesota. Resource also posts its available jobs.
Crystal – Employment
Consider the employment opportunities with the City of Crystal, Minnesota. Click on the current openings to see the possibilities.
Detroit Lakes – Employment
Applicants for jobs with the City of Detroit Lakes can download official forms. Has specialized documents for veterans and peace officers.
Minneapolis – Employment & Training
Features a slide presentation on the department, brief summary of services for older workers, youth, and dislocated workers.
Saint Paul – Employment
Provides an introduction to employment exams, free seminar schedule on city jobs, and links to the workforce center.