Are you searching jobs in local governments of Mississippi – city, county or state level government? The following Mississippi government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of Mississippi, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of Mississippi as The Magnolia State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a Head of Accounting?
Heads of accounting are responsible for the complete financial accounting: In addition to the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements (HGB and/or IFRS) including reporting, their tasks also include all tax-related issues including the advance VAT return.
They are the contact for auditors, tax consultants and banks. In addition, heads of accounting are responsible for financial processes such as investment or liquidity planning and for the financial systems used.
Her duties also include the disciplinary and technical management and further development of a team of employees. Accounting managers usually report to the commercial director or the CFO (Chief Financial Officer).
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: Completed commercial training and/or business administration or legal studies
- Starting salary: €70,000
- Top salary: €120,000
- Opportunities for advancement: commercial director, CFO
What does an Accounting Manager do?
The complexity of the tasks and the size of the department (possibly with sub-departments) is influenced by the respective industry, company size and (international) structure. For example, the heads of accounting in smaller companies take on the tasks of the accountant themselves. In a larger accounting department, in which the head of accounting is supported by one or more accountants, the primary function is auditing or control and coordination – the head of accounting bears the responsibility ultimate responsibility for all accounting decisions and results.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements (HGB and/or IFRS) including reporting
- Taxes (incl. sales tax return, ZM and tax returns)
- responsibility for financial systems
- Investment and liquidity planning
- Contact person for tax authorities, auditors, tax consultants and banks
- People management and development
How do you become an accounting manager?
- Completed commercial training and/or business administration or legal studies
- Further training as an accountant (preferred as an international accountant)
- Several years of relevant professional experience in finance and accounting
- leadership experience
- Good MS Office skills (especially Excel)
- Good knowledge of SAP/R3 FI/CO or knowledge of another common ERP system (Navision etc.)
- Very good knowledge of preparing financial statements according to HGB, possibly knowledge of IFRS
- good knowledge of tax law
- possibly good knowledge of spoken and written English
How much does a Head of Accounting earn?
up to €120,000
Heads of accounting can count on an average annual gross salary of between € 70,000 and €120,000. In addition to personal qualifications, this depends heavily on the general conditions: among other things, the size of the company and industry, the complexity of the tasks, the number of employees to be managed and the accounting regulations to be taken into account.
What do you expect from the Accounting Manager?
A head of accounting should have a high sense of responsibility and be able to make complex decisions. Due to the many internal and external interfaces, he must be able to communicate convincingly and act as a team player.
Opportunities for advancement as Head of Accounting
One possible career path for a head of accounting is promotion to commercial director or CFO. In smaller companies, there is often the opportunity to set up controlling professionally and take on additional responsibility there.
An Accounting Manager can develop positively both in terms of career and salary by moving to a company or industry with more complex requirements.
Hattiesburg – Employment
Find the various government jobs posted on the city resource. Describes qualifications and contact information.
Jackson – Employment
Find current job openings with the city of Jackson, Mississippi. Its personnel department holds info about compensation and benefits.
Laurel – Employment
Use the contact information to the personnel office of the city to find employment vacancies.
Meridian – Employment
Consider job opportunities with the Mississippian city. Has brief paragraph detailing the roles of the Civil Service Commission.