Are you searching jobs in local governments of Missouri – city, county or state level government? The following Missouri government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of Missouri, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of Missouri as The Show Me State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a Head of Investment Controlling?
The position of Head of Investment Controlling only exists in larger, mostly international companies with a corresponding investment portfolio. His range of tasks can be very broad: from simple reporting for all subsidiaries and holdings to active management of the holding companies – i.e. comprehensive control of activities. For example, the creation of business plans or profitability analyzes for the individual holdings can be part of the task profile.
Based on the business development of the companies, the head of investment controlling creates recommendations for the management; He also creates sound evaluation bases for new market or customer segments, new regions or technical alternatives through corresponding profitability and feasibility analyses.
As a result, the Head of Investment Controlling has an important internal advisory function: He provides support with M&A processes, when entering into joint ventures, with start-ups and, in particular, with all business issues that deviate from routine. In addition, he is a competent contact for international auditors.
Last but not least, the Head of Investment Controlling is responsible for a team of specialized employees, whom he leads and develops professionally and personally.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: Degree in business administration or economics, ideally with a focus on controlling
- Starting salary: €70,000
- Top salary: €140,000
- Opportunities for advancement: management position in the subsidiary or parent company, head of investment controlling for large companies
What does a Head of Investment Controlling do?
- Management of a team of professionals
- Supervision of the subsidiaries/affiliated companies with regard to all business-related issues, preparation of all business plans, regular reporting to the management of the parent company and profitability analyzes based on regions, customers, products, etc.
- Assessment and commenting on the business development of the associated companies and the formulation of recommendations for action as a result
- Design, development of guidelines and documentation of transfer prices for international companies
- Contact person for the internationally working auditors
- direct cooperation with controllingand group accounting of the parent company
How do you become Head of Investment Controlling?
- Completed business administration or economics degree, ideally with a focus on controlling
- at least five years of professional experience in (participation) controlling of a company
- Experience in the field of auditing or management consulting
- very good knowledge of Excel
- Sound user knowledge of the relevant ERP systems
- good written and spoken English knowledge
What does a Head of Investment Controlling earn?
up to €140,000
The salary for the position of Head of Investment Controlling depends on numerous criteria. The number of investment companies to be supported, the quality of the support, the industry, the regions in which the subsidiaries are based or active – all of this plays a role in salary determination. There are also additional benefits in the form of company cars, contributions to old-age security, etc. Annual salaries can therefore range from € 70,000 to €140,000 and more.
What do you expect from the Head of Investment Controlling?
Good communication skills, openness when dealing with very different personalities and a pronounced willingness to get involved in new business issues characterize the (successful) head of investment controlling. He brings with him a high level of consulting competence in interaction with the managers of the associated companies and a healthy degree of assertiveness. Sophisticated analytical skills that enable him to identify risks and opportunities for the investments at an early stage are also essential.
Opportunities for advancement as Head of Investment Controlling
In many cases, the management of the investment controlling proves to be the ideal stepping stone for taking on a management function in one of the previously supervised subsidiaries or directly in the management level of the parent company. A change to the same position in a company with a significantly larger investment portfolio is just as conceivable.
Independence – Human Resources
Basically, a list of jobs available within the city bureaucracy, each detailing salary and application information.
Springfield – Human Resources
Offers application downloads, employment opportunities, and benefits, employee relations, safety and wellness, and dept services information.
St. Louis – Personnel Department
Check out current job opportunities with the city and review rules governing civil service. With safety and health regulations manual.