Are you searching jobs in local governments of Montana – city, county or state level government? The following Montana government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of Montana, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of Montana as The Treasure State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a WEG accountant?
WEG accountants are responsible for the correct booking of rents and housing allowances from condominium properties. They record incoming and outgoing invoices, e.g. from craftsmen and other service providers, check maintenance contracts (and, if necessary, suggest improvements or change providers), create housing and utility bills, maintain the master data of owners and tenants and monitor compliance with special rental agreements. They are responsible for the dunning process, they correspond with authorities and administrations and are the contact persons for tax consultants and auditors. You will be involved in the creation of business plans and reports and carry out special evaluations.
Homeowners are a difficult clientele
At the latest in the required WEG meetings, it becomes clear how important the work of the WEG accountant is. In the process, many owners, who are often in a critical mood, encounter »the administration« and their figures. Correct, transparent data material and well-founded suggestions are a prerequisite for the representative of the administration to act confidently and thus also to secure the property with the managing company.
Digitization in the housing industry
The housing industry began early on to automate administrative processes – simply because the many standardized and repetitive processes are ideally suited for this. ERP software does an excellent job here and further relieves the WEG accountants. The introduction of modern programs is a step that, because of the costs and complexity, should be carefully considered and extensively tested in practice. However, it is easy to imagine the simplifications it would bring if, for example, house money, ancillary costs, craftsman invoices and even data from measurement service providers could be digitally imported into the WEG accounting, checked and tracked. WEG accountants then increasingly become “monitors” who only intervene when “their” system reports errors.
Experts assume that the potential of digitization in the areas of market and buyer analysis is significantly higher than in the area of accounting.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Training: Commercial training as a real estate clerk or training as a tax clerk with specific knowledge in the field of real estate management
- Starting salary: €29,000
- Top salary: €52,000
- Opportunities for advancement: Through internal profiling or by moving to a larger company
What does a WEG accountant do?
- Monitoring of incoming and outgoing payments (recording, account assignment of housing allowances and rents) as well as the ongoing booking of all business transactions
- Preparation of housing benefit and utility bills for owners and tenants
- Preparation of annual statements and sales tax statements for owners
- Implementation of the dunning process
- Maintenance of the master data of owners and tenants (entry of information from ownership and rental contracts – names, addresses, rental start, rental end, time limits, type and amount of rent increases, deposits, account details, special agreements, etc.)
- Maintenance of the master data of craft businesses and service providers / control of maintenance contracts
- Participation in the preparation of the WEG economic plans
- Participation in the preparation of WEG meetings
- Contact person for customers for all questions about rental and WEG accounting
- Contact person for tax consultants and auditors
- Correspondence with authorities and service providers
How to become a WEG accountant?
- Commercial training, preferably with a qualification as a real estate clerk, or training as a tax clerk with specific knowledge in the field of real estate management
- Secure user knowledge in WEG accounting, acquired through professional experience or further training
What does a WEG accountant earn?
up to €52,000
What do you expect from the WEG accountant?
- Good knowledge of the specific accounting software
- Confident use of MS Office, especially Excel
- Experience with common real estate management programs and/or with housing ERP software
- Strong affinity for numbers and IT
- Team and communication skills
Opportunities for advancement as WEG accountant
WEG accountants grow through experience and the desire to “get ahead.” You can distinguish yourself through diligent work and suggestions for improving processes.
Opportunities for advancement also depend to a large extent on the company in which they work – opportunities can also be found through a change of department or employer.
Billings – Administration
Contact or email the administrative department to learn about personnel changes. Learn about the department’s role in the city.
Bozeman – City Homepage
Peruse the resource about the Montana city and use the contact information to inquire about employment opportunities.
Great Falls – Employment
Review the public notices to find job openings with the city government. Download applications from the human resources department.
Libby – Employment
City of Montana posts its civil servant opportunities for job seekers. Check back often for new positions.
Missoula – Personnel
Explore the information from the personnel department of the city government to find job openings.