Are you searching jobs in local governments of North Dakota – city, county or state level government? The following North Dakota government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of North Dakota, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of North Dakota as The Peace Garden State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a Chief Financial Officer?
Thinking outside the box is – as for every manager – essential for a head of finance, because the day often turns out differently than expected. His or her daily bread is to work with the team to prepare the numbers for the next higher level, depending on the size of the company, for example for the CFO or the management.
The chief financial officer is most commonly found in companies with more than three employees in the accounting department. Based on the numbers of the employees to be managed, he creates monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to HGB and/or IFRS. He is the contact person for both technical and all internal and external topics related to finance and, depending on requirements, creates controlling evaluations such as liquidity planning, target/actual analyzes or ad hoc evaluations. Depending on requirements, his presentations can be used not only for internal purposes, but also for external interested parties such as investors or banks.
This job is varied and up-to-date not least because of the digitization in the company – because the team also needs to be motivated by the head of finance in order to successfully implement this transformation together.
As diverse as the position of the head of finance is, the latest laws and regulations should be evaluated with the help of the tax consultant before they come into force and communicated and implemented in the team if there is a need for adjustment.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: usually a degree in business administration with a focus on finance and controlling, but also a degree as an accountant with relevant professional experience
- Starting salary: €60,000
- Top salary: €160,000
- Opportunities for advancement: CFO, commercial management, commercial management or commercial director
What does a finance manager do?
- Management of a team of accountants and responsibility for all finances
- Monitoring and/or preparation of financial statements according to HGB/IFRS/US-GAAP/UK-GAAP – depending on the requirement profile in the company concerned
- Responsible for the timely completion and submission of all monthly/quarterly sales tax advance returns as well as the annual tax returns and financial statements and their publication in all necessary registers
- Various reports such as securing liquidity, ad hoc analyzes and target/actual evaluations
- Further development of both the subordinate team and the required software solutions
- Consistent observation of tax laws and assessment of the effects on your own company with the help of a tax consultant and, if necessary, adjustment of existing processes
- Intermediary between your own team, controlling and management
- Contact person for investors and authorities
How do you become a finance director?
- Successfully completed studies in business administration with a focus on finance and controlling, but also a degree as an accountant with relevant professional experience
- several years of experience in financial accounting and/or controlling
- leadership experience
- IT knowledge of both accounting programs and ERP systems as well as MS Office applications (especially Excel)
- good English knowledge
What does a Head of Finance earn?
up to €160,000
The annual salary of a head of finance varies greatly: from €60,000 for smaller companies and sectors with low starting salaries up to €160,000 for company-owned subsidiaries and international orientation. Non-cash allowances such as a company car, performance-related remuneration, bonuses or company shares are also part of the salary options.
What do you expect from the Head of Finance?
An affinity for numbers and good communication skills, a leader and a team player, knowledge of tax laws and skillful presentations: a finance manager is the link between financial accounting and all levels above it. He or she is also the contact for other internal departments and external interest groups.
Daily flexibility in your own area of responsibility and the strict implementation of the legal framework in the team – such challenges have to be mastered in this position. Strong external communication skills, good knowledge of English and an open ear for the team at all times complete the requirement profile.
Opportunities for advancement as Head of Finance
Depending on the size of the company, a head of finance is recommended for the next higher position. This can be that of the CFO, the commercial manager or the commercial management or the commercial board member.
Fargo – Human Resources Department
Search for city government jobs by visiting this official department page of Fargo, North Dakota. Scroll to the bottom for current openings.
Grand Forks – Human Resources Department
City of Grand Forks, North Dakota provides a listing of job opportunities within its departments and agencies. Download application forms.
McKenzie County – Employment
Access current job openings in McKenzie County, North Dakota. Includes email contacts for more information.