- Topschoolsoflaw: Offers brief history of Louisiana. Also includes information about major cities and capital of the state.
- A2zcamerablog.com: Brief everything about the state of Louisiana, including population information, state history, geography and biggest cities of Louisiana.
What is an accounting officer?
This position is ideal for accounting professionals who do not (yet) want to fill a management role. In smaller companies, the accounting officer takes on all the operational steps involved in accounting – from posting business transactions to preparing the annual financial statements and planning the budget.
In large organizations in which these tasks are distributed among several employees, the accounting officer may hold a specialist position or staff position and deal exclusively with special issues that arise, for example, due to new legal regulations, M&A activities of the company or the spin-off of a company shared service centers. However, there is no uniform and unambiguous description for the position of the accounting officer.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: Successfully completed business studies (university, technical college) or comparable qualification
- Starting salary: €50,000
- Top salary: €90,000
- Opportunities for advancement: Head of Finance and Accounting
What does an accounting officer do?
- Responsibility for balance sheet accounting and, if necessary, for payroll accounting
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements according to HGB and international accounting standards
- Processing/assessment of accounting-relevant postings such as accrual formation
- Contact person for questions of corporate financing and liquidity planning
- in the group: preparation of individual financial statements, preparation and participation in consolidation, preparation of reports etc.
- Contact person for managers and departments in the company (e.g. controlling)
- Contact person for auditors, tax consultants and other external partners of the company
- Processing of special issues that arise ad hoc, e.g. when buying or selling a subsidiary or an investment
- Creation of decision templates
How do you become an accounting officer?
- Successfully completed business studies (university, technical college) or comparable qualification
- ideally a certified accountant exam
- several years of professional experience in the accounting department of a company or in an auditing company (ideally in the area of advisory)
- Very good knowledge of accounting according to German commercial and tax law and international accounting regulations (IFRS, GAAP)
- In-depth knowledge of the use of common ERP systems
- Knowledge of accounting processes in international companies
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- good spoken and written English
How much does an accounting officer earn?
up to €90,000
Accounting officers can demand a salary of between € 50,000 and €90,000 based on their many years of professional experience. Factors that also influence the salary level include the industry, the region in which the company is located, the job holder’s travel activities or the employer’s pension obligations.
What do you expect from the accounting officer?
Above all, a high degree of reliability, conscientiousness and integrity is expected from the accounting officer – coupled with the constant willingness to continue training and further develop his knowledge of current commercial and tax law issues.
A holistic view of the company is essential, which makes communication with the other organizational units much easier and improves it. As an employee without management authority, the job holder should enjoy working in a team and be prepared to open up to new tasks again and again.
Opportunities for advancement as an accounting officer
The position of Accounting Officer is an ideal stepping stone for professionals who aspire to a management position in the field of finance and accounting.
Hammond – Southeastern Louisiana Univ. Police
Detailed description of duties, jobs and benefits. See the salary offered.
Louisiana State Police – Recruiting
Describes the Academy and its preparatory programs. Lists benefits and qualifications required.
New Iberia – Police Department Employment
Find out which areas are seeking officers, and learn about the hiring and selection process.
New Orleans – Police Department Recruiting
Describes the work philosophy of the police unit. Learn about salary and benefits offered and obtain the mailing address for applications.
Ruston – Police Department Employment Opportunities
Shreveport – Police Employment Opportunities
Contains sections on civil service exams, salaries, benefits and minimum requirements.