Are you searching jobs in local governments of Massachusetts – city, county or state level government? The following Massachusetts government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of Massachusetts, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of Massachusetts as The Bay State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a Head of Financial Controlling?
The Head of Financial Controlling fulfills an advisory function: He is the first point of contact for the management of a company because he prepares the plans for the financial budget and presents processed figures and analyzes that the decision-makers need for short- and long-term economic development.
In his special function, the Head of Financial Controlling bears a high level of responsibility for communication between the organizational units of the company, the controlling departments and the management.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: Business studies, ideally with a focus on finance and controlling
- Starting salary: €80,000
- Top salary: €160,000
- Opportunities for advancement: commercial director, CFO
What does a Head of Financial Controlling do?
- Creation of all operative planning for the commercial control of the company
- Analysis and commenting on the actual values
- Creation of deviation analyses
- Regular reporting to management/ board of directors and shareholders
- Creation of decision templates for the management and the board of directors
- permanent optimization of the controlling process through the further development of the controlling instruments
- Head of the Financial Controlling team
- staff development
- First point of contact for the management and the board of directors
How do you become Head of Financial Controlling?
- Business studies, ideally with a focus on finance and controlling
- several years of professional experience in controlling
- leadership experience
- Knowledge of working with ERP systems
- Solid MS Office knowledge, especially MS Excel
- good English knowledge
What does a Head of Financial Controlling earn?
up to €160,000
The salary for the position of Head of Financial Controller depends on the size and industry of the company, the number of employees to be managed, the region in which the company is based and the amount of travel required. In addition, there are agreements on profit-sharing, a company car, additional benefits for old-age provision, etc. Salary ranges between € 80,000 (e.g. in a small or medium-sized company) and €160,000 in a large corporation.
What do you expect from the Head of Financial Controlling?
In particular, analytical skills, a high affinity for numbers and the joy of communicating with all the top performers in the company characterize a committed Head of Financial Controlling. He must also be very aware of his consulting position, which usually excludes making decisions about the management of the company himself.
Opportunities for advancement as Head of Financial Controlling
For the Head of Financial Controlling, the next career step could be promotion to a management position in the company ( CFO, commercial management ). A change in the same function to a larger company or to the position of commercial manager/commercial manager of another company is also conceivable.
Andover – Human Resources
Contact the HR department to see about job vacancies in the government offices.
Boston – Employment and Training
Provides the statistical data compiled by the Department of Employment and Training for wages and unemployment in Boston.
Wellesley – Employment
Small town seeks qualified civil servants for its government operations. Look up job postings from its multiple departments.
Worcester – Employment & Training
Offers a link to the virtual workplace site which provides labor market information, company links, and employer services.