Are you searching jobs in local governments of South Carolina – city, county or state level government? The following South Carolina government websites officially publish most recent job listings, including jobs in accounting, finance, law enforcement, public affairs, city management and public administration. Just click on abbreviationfinder to get most basic information about the state of South Carolina, including state demographics and a list of major cities.
- Acronymmonster: Nickname of South Carolina as The Palmetto State. Also includes major cities and resorts, as well as how to get around this state.
What is a project controlling manager?
In this position, almost everything revolves around the successful completion of the project: In addition to managing and developing his employees, the Head of Project Controlling is responsible for advising and providing targeted support to the project managers on all commercial issues.
This position is only created in companies where several projects are handled by a team of controllers. In order to make the respective project status transparent, the head of project controlling develops commercial key figures (KPIs), the developments of which he regularly checks and analyzes. If these deviate from the planned target values, he initiates measures together with the respective project manager in order to actively take countermeasures and get the project back on track.
The head of project controlling is responsible for regularly informing the management about the respective project status and providing well-founded advice on project-related management decisions.
The most important things in 5 seconds
- Education: Completed degree (economics, engineer, industrial engineer), ideally with a focus on controlling and finance and accounting
- Starting salary: €80,000
- Top salary: €120,000
- Opportunities for advancement: Head of Controlling, Commercial Manager
What does a head of project controlling do?
- Leading and developing a team of professionals
- operational and strategic support of projects with regard to their economic development
- Preparation of deviation analyzes and, if necessary, initiation and support of countermeasures
- Application and further development of project controlling tools
- Development of commercial indicators (KPIs) for controlling the projects
- Creation of regular reports
- Sparring partner for management and project managers
- Communication and coordination with the other operational areas of responsibility of the company
How does one become a project controlling manager?
- Completed studies (economics, engineer, industrial engineer), ideally with a focus on controlling and finance and accounting
- several years of experience in (project) controlling of a company
- Safe handling of project management methods and the use of project management tools
- Sound user knowledge for the common software used in (project) controlling (e.g. SAP CO and PS)
What does a head of project controlling earn?
up to €120,000
The annual salary for this management position is in a range between € 80,000 and €120,000. Of course, the number and value of the projects, the industry, the location of the company, travel activities, etc. must be taken into account when determining the salary in addition to personal qualifications and professional experience.
What do you expect from the head of project controlling?
Absolute prerequisites for this task are strong analytical and entrepreneurial thinking and acting. As a sparring partner for management and project managers, the head of project controlling should be able to grasp complex relationships and strategic effects of complex problems and offer solutions.
In addition, he has the ability to listen carefully, cultivates a constructive discussion style and communicates precisely and in a solution-oriented manner. He can present complicated facts and topics clearly and understandably.
Like all executives, the head of project controlling is characterized by the fact that he enjoys the professional and disciplinary leadership of his team and the further development of his employees. He is also willing to take on operational tasks himself.
Opportunities for advancement as Head of Project Controlling
As a seasoned manager with analytical and entrepreneurial foresight, many career doors are open to the Head of Project Controlling. A change to the same position in another company with a much higher project volume strengthens his professional competence and expands his range of tasks.
If you want to expand your career in the direction of management, the area management for all controlling tasks is a sensible further development. It is also possible to take on the position of commercial manager if you have the appropriate personal and professional qualifications.
Charleston – Jobs
Data about vacant positions includes job title, salary, contact person and application deadline.
Clemson – Job Openings
Job descriptions include desired training and education, daily duties, and salary range. View and print the application form.
Columbia – Job Opportunities
Scroll through job descriptions of vacant positions with the City. Lists annual salary and credentials sought.
Spartanburg – Job Opportunities
Find the application form as well as descriptions of jobs in various city departments.